Wavelight EX 500 laser
- Anatomy of the eye
- Common refractive errors
- Knowing your glass prescription
- Am I the candidate for laser
- Pre refractive procedure
- Types of laser refractive
- Difference between of
PRK and LASIK
- Magnitude of refractive power
that can be corrected
- Wavelight EX 500 laser
- Frequently asked questions
- Laser corrective procedure
- side effects
Dr Sagar Bhargava performs laser correction procedure on WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser machine.
The WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser is the cutting edge of LASIK and PRK surgery technology. This innovative and FDA approved laser decreases procedure times with its 500 Hz speed, delivering the world’s shortest treatment times. The EX 500 Excimer laser is an improvement over prior laser platforms it may be best to outline the characteristics of an ideal Excimer Laser used in vision correction procedures.
Precision and safety are two key features with this new laser. The significant improvement in the eye tracking system allows the EX500 Excimer laser to monitor a patient’s eye movements throughout the procedure, and ensures the laser treatment is applied as planned. The standard, high-resolution video system gives surgeon a clear view of the surgical field.
Some of the notable features of the WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser include:
- * The WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser is the only excimer laser to operate at 500 Hz, with an average treatment time of approximately 1.4 seconds per diopter
- * Multi-dimensional eye-tracking technology allows for precise and dynamic pupil tracking, helping reduce the risk for patient fixation fatigue
- * Online Optical Pachymetry for increased safety – measuring corneal thickness in real-time while laser is working
- * Perfect Pulse Technology® allows for a larger treatment zone, which can reduce the potential for nighttime glare after surgery
- * Networked lasers allow for a higher degree of customization and efficiency
- * Innovative engineering reduces the potential for stromal dehydration of the cornea, flap shrinkage, and sensitivity to eye movements.
- * Precisely Focused on Accuracy With a powerful 1050 Hz-type multi-dimensional eye tracker, synchronized at 500 Hz, the WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser offers safety and exceptional precision:
o Movement tracking with just 2 milliseconds of latency
o Dynamic pupil tracking from 1.5 mm to 8.0 mm