Dr. Sagar Bhargava – One of the Best Cataract Surgeon in Kolkata
Dr. Sagar Bhargava
Senior Consultant – BB Eye Foundation Kolkata
Director- SLR Eye and Retina Surgeons Pvt Ltd
Dr Sagar Bhargava is a Senior Consultant in BB Eye Foundation Kolkata and Director in SLR Eye and Retina Surgeons Pvt Ltd Kolkata. He is a practicing ophthalmologist for more than 10 years and is one of the best cataract surgeon in Kolkata. He is a Glaucoma specialist and Refractive Surgeon with a huge experience in serving patients at Sankar Nethralaya Chennai and Kolkata. He has already performed more than 10000 Cataract and LASIK surgeries respectively. He is also considered to be one of the best LASIK surgeon in Kolkata. Here is a brief synopsis of his career so far…
Completed MBBS and MS from Govt Medical College Aurangabad. Had many accomplishments prominent being,
- a) Dr. Pandit Palitkar Memorial Prize for standing first in first MBBS university examination in 1995.
- b) Dr. Bhalchandra Mukand Dandekar Memorial Prize for standing first in the subject of Ophthalmology in third MBBS university examination in 1998.
- c) Dr. R L Bhalchandra Memorial Prize for securing highest marks in MS (Ophthalmology) university examination in 2003.
- d) Rare achievement of clearing 2 part ICO (International Council of Ophthalmology Examination in Basic and Clinical Sciences in Ophthalmology) in one go in 2003.
At Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai
- a) Joined 24 months fellowship program in General Ophthalmology and trained under prominent ophthalmologists like Dr. K Ravishankar, Dr. T S Surendran, Dr. Prema Padmanabhan, Dr. G Sitalakshmi, and Dr. L Vijaya) During fellowship period actively participated in various international and national conferences. Impressed with the performance during fellowship Sankara Nethralaya management offered position of Consultant and reduced the fellowship period to 21 months ( normal duration 24 months) as a special case
- b) Started wok as Associate Consultant at Navasuja Sankara Nethralaya a new satellite centre in Chennai in 2005. With sincerity and hard work of the whole team, slowly the centre become a major attraction.
- c) Became a high volume cataract surgeon in a very short time and became one of the first few surgeons in Sankara Nethralaya to practice topical phacoemulsification.
- d) FIRST to use TORIC IOL in Navasuja Sankara Nethralaya
- e) In pursuit of academic excellence, in the year 2008, after successfully clearing the examination he was conferred with FRCS (Glasgow).
- f) As a recognition of exception performance, was recognised as the Best Associate Consultant for the year 2008 and conferred the Dr TLK Row Endowment award.
- g) Was given a rare chance of getting direct training under world renowned surgeons Dr. L Vijaya (Director Glaucoma services , Sankara Nethralaya Chennai) and Dr Prema Padmanabhan (Director Cornea and Refractive Services, Chennai) and acquire expertise in Glaucoma and Refractive surgery
At Sankara Nethralaya, Kolkata
- a) In the year 2009 transferred to Kolkata Sankara Nethralaya which had started 1 year back
- b) In next 5 years become one of the main anterior segment surgeons handing all kinds of complex surgeries and contributing to the phenomenal growth the centre has seen.
- c) In the year 2010, another feather in the cap with promotion as Deputy Director Sankara Nethralaya Kolkata and was entrusted additional responsibility of manpower planning, recruitments and day to today activities related to hospital functioning.
- d) Given additional responsibility of managing Lasik centre in 2011
- e) Credited with many first in Sankara Nethralaya Kolkata
- → First to use of femtosecond Lasik i.e bladeless Lasik in EAST.
- → First to use Multifocal Toric IOL in EAST
- → First to start Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL), Lasik , Congenital glaucoma surgery and cataract surgery in extremely subluxated lens with use of various devices like Cionni’s ring in SANKARA NETHRALAYA, KOLKATA
BB Eye Foundation
- With the desire to become independent, started work as Consultant in 2014 and providing expertise in cataract, glaucoma and refractive surgery
SLR eye and Retina Surgeons
- Became Director of this group comprising of senior and experienced Ophthalmologists with the objective of providing Ophthalmological expertise to various hospital . At present the group provides services to two centres in Jamshedpur and Purulia.